Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Branching Out

I came right down to the wire on the Branching Out scarf for my mother's birthday, what with spinning my homework and my typical 'home stretch' loss of interest in looking at that yarn for several more inches. I stopped at 37 inches in the Panda Cotton yarn which has a bit of elastic.

After blocking (and I'm sure I was tenatively blocking, it's the first time I've done this!) I ended up with 57 inches of 6 inch-wide lace. I was blocking Saturday morning and it had to be dry by 6 PM for the birthday dinner so outside it went into the breezy day. (I nearly died later while out running errands when it looked like rain). I'm quite pleased with it (and myself!) now that all is said and done. So pleased that like a total masochist I signed up for the Mystic Water KAL. Sign ups are open till 10/24. (yes, I'm enabling, so what).





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow wow wow that is beautiful!!! Im wanting to try that one !!!! Huggs Marion

Lil Knitter said...

Oh how pretty! I love this scarf...haven't tried it myself yet but I hope to in the future. The yarn is beautiful as well.
Happy Knitting!

Quilty bird said...

Wow! That's beautiful! I have to do my first blocking too, but I'm procrastinating.

Susan said...

beautiful scarf ! I want to try lace!

Lis said...

It's a free pattern on Knitty, Susan..you should try it!

wildflower38 said...

What a beautiful scarf! I hope mine comes out as beautiful as yours.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! That's on my list to make as well, but I've never tried lace. I'm more of an instant gratification knitter- lots and lots and lots of bags!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

very very pretty. hope mom loved it!

Anonymous said...

The variations in the yarn's colour look good!
I knit this for the Knitting Olympics and used a solid coloured yarn - because I thought that was the only way to show off the stitch pattern.
I was wrong on that.

Good-looking work!
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

oh yes, and you were the enabler that got me on the mystic waters KAL! LOL

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice and beautifull! The scarf looks so pretty. This scarf is still standing on my To-Do-List! I'm just knittin the Mystic Waters Shawl and finished the first clue completely on Saturday. I think I will bookmark your Blog if it is allright for you. I love the things you're knitting!

Greetings
Stephanie

DrLaura said...

just gorgeous!! i want one now too!
i'd love to post your pics on our crystalpalace blog and link to you, with your permission please
socksandmorewithcpy.blogspot.com
blessings, :L, laura