Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mystic Waters KAL

I started this KAL because I love lace and thought it would be a great forum for a 'first leap'. So far that's very true! I also promised myself I would not allow 'keep up' anxiety because even I know the fastest way to muck up lace is to rush madly along. I've done some great mad-rushing in my time and the frogging afterwards is not worth it!

That said, I finished chart A today - it's probably a little less than half the first clue and I'm pretty happy with the results - first laceweight, first chart attempt! The red background is AWFUL but it was the best I could do at work - I pinned it to the door of an overhead cubicle bin.

I think I see a missing loop but it's far enough back that I'll probably just chalk it up to experience and try to block it open later.


I also have several socks going and an absolutely HORRID hot pink/black hat for this gal at work that's clearly palette-challenged (shudder) People look at me on the bus and I say "She picked her own colors" defensively before they even ask. You'll not see pictures of that till it's finished in all it's horrible glory. Bleh.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

That is lovely!!!! For me this is a slow moving project. I keep missing YO or something. But I'm moving right along.

Unknown said...

Your work is beautiful! I'm a slower knitter too but enjoy every minute - well until I make a goof -

Enjoy!

Anna said...

Looks great! That's really amazing if this is your first laceweight and chartreading project..... good job!

Chibicat said...

I LOVE the color!! It looks beautiful so far. I haven't make it past chart A yet, but I'm working on it :) Happy Knitting!!

wildflower38 said...

Its gorgeous!