Monday, October 8, 2007

Mystic Waters Lace

I have joined the Mystic Waters Mystery Shawl KAL and it is due to start October 24th. Anna is still accepting knitters so if you’re interested go here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mysticwatersKAL/

I have some Lorna’s Laces Helen’s Lace for this but I have to take it back to Loopy and have it wound. A swatch was published and I couldn’t wait to try it so I used some Knit Picks Shimmer I already had wound and here’s what I got:


It is 6 inches wide by 6.5 inches tall and I love it! This is my first attempt at lace weight knitting and also my first KAL! (My damn cat grabbed it off my desk while I was looking for a needle to weave in my ends! X@!*#) (In 10 seconds she ATE the entire 10 inch thread, gnawed it off right at the edge – see above where it says DAMN CAT)

I decided I was going to make my own blocking board since my honey works at Home Depot and just adores it when I send lists of ‘bring this home’. We are tight on space so I want it in pieces that I can join depending on the size of the project. I’m going to use Velcro strips for the joins. Below are the materials – we’ll see how it works out!

10 comments:

Anna said...

Looks great.
Remind me never to get a cat! (Actually I have to choose between a cat and an allergic husband, so the cat-thing will never happen.....).

Chibicat said...

You're swatch looks really good. Thank you for posting the size, I've been wondering what approx. size it should be. I'm also interested in your blocking board you're making. I have the same problem with not much space and would love to see your idea :)

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

your swatch looks great. I haven't done mine yet, I'm waiting for my yarn to come in, at least what I think I want to use.

Anonymous said...

Your swatch looks real nice. Love the colors of your yarn.

wildflower38 said...

Lovely yarn. I really like how t swatched up

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know your package is all set and sitting on my counter- will go out in the am. It appears to be a work address will it be ok if it arrives on Saturday? I'm guessing it will, but just wanted to double check. I joined the mystic waters KAL as well- a tiny hint? =) And I've found you on Ravelry as well-another hint? =)

Lis said...

How nice to know you're doing the KAL also! I think lace knitters are the BOMB and it's my first try at it with lace weight! Saturday is fine, the PO will just hold it till Monday...Are you a friend yet on Ravelry ? :0

Anonymous said...

My first lace knitting as well. Well I actually tried knitting the River shawl and it was coming out cute until I somehow got backwards so everything got messed up.

Anonymous said...

You should have a package when you get to work monday! Now I wasn't really thinking so I didn't put my email address, website, or even last name in the package (althoug my name is on the box) but once the surprise is done I'll let you know that. Sorry! And I had to switch boxes at the PO and I put the information about my town and patterns UNDER the tissue paper for some reason so check there too. =) I hope you enjoy everything and I look forward to adding you to my friends list on ravelry =)

Lis said...

how exciting! Thank you Angel Pal!