Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Virtual Vacation Swap Questionaire!

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
Hawaii..I adore the water and tropical foliage/flowers.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
I would LOVE to visit Australia. I actually like hot weather and lots of sun and I bet their yarns are very cool!

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
Yes. I have driven from Chicago to San Francisco. Not planning on it again anytime soon. :P

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
It wasn't a city or state but Hearst Castle was amazing to me from the grounds to the history to the castle itself and its state of preservation.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
My favorite vacation was when I flew into San Rafael, CA and picked up a rental car. I then spent 10 days driving along the coast on Highway 1, stopping each day somewhere different. I ended up in Escondido where I spent another week with beloved friends.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
My girlfriend and I do this ALL the time. Our friends live all over the country and Chicago is SO rich in attractions and culture! Whenever someone comes that hasn't visited before we take vacation time and do all the touristy things all over again.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
Beach first, museum second. I don't seek amusement-I carry it in a ziplock. It's called yarn :)

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
That's tough because I'm still so inexperienced. Of the yarns I've handled I think I like Noro Silk Garden the best. I also love Lorna's Laces superwash sock yarn, it feels way cushy on the toes!

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
Red Heart Super Saver, rough acrylics

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
I have a passion for lacy shawls although my skills aren't quite there yet. I also love socks since I learned how and I'm a bag/purse maniac. I am in a class for the Market Squares Bag in the book Bags..A Knitter's Dozen and now that I've learned to pick up stitches I see many totes in my future..

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
I just started knitting last November so I haven't had a vacation yet. We're planning one end of July though and my girlfriend is already asking (with a touch of fear in her voice) just "how" much yarn I'll need to bring. I'm planning to try to be sensible and just start a new pair of socks. After all, I'm visiting yarn shops in the D.C. area while there...

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
Right now I only knit, it's my obsession. I at one point in my life wasn't so singular and crocheted, cross stitched, quilted, sketched. The only other thing that tempts me right now is stringing jewelry or more specifically trying to make beautiful stitch markers.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
No, but I'm not big on sweets ( I know, blasphemy)

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
GREEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!! I love it! Least favorite..hmm. Pastels. Baby colors (ICK)

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
Savory!
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? I'm a relatively new knitter and a new swapper. I think I'll be pretty easy to please!

No comments: